Aspire Centre Swimming Pool in Wandsworth
Aspire Centre Swimming pool in Southfields, Wandsworth, London SW18 5JU
Aspire Centre's Swimming Pool in Southfields, Wandsworth, for School Holiday Crash Courses
We use Aspire centre's swimming pool in Southfields, Wandsworth, Southwest London (SW18) for our School holidays swimming crash courses
over the school half-terms, Easter and Summer holidays.
We offer 1:1 swimming lessons and semi-private (1:2 and 1:3) lessons at this pool for 2023-24 school holidays.
How To Get to Aspire Centre Southfields Pool:
Address: Aspire Centre in Southfields, Southfield Academy, 337 Merton Road, London SW18 5JU
- This pool is conveniently situated at 337 Merton Road next to Southfields Grid in Wandsworth, Southwest London. It is only 3 miles away from Wimbledon village in Merton and Wimbledon town centre.
- It is close to A3, so getting to this pool is easy from Kingston and Merton.
- With public transport, it is 10 mins walk from Southfields tube station (on District Line) and only two stops away from Wimbledon and 3 stops from Fulham Board way station.
- Bus 156 can take you directly from Wimbledon or Clapham to the doorstep of Aspire centre.
- Free car park access for all clients and a good disability access.
Swimming Pool's Size, Depth and Other Specifications:
- Aspire Centre at Southfields has a 25 metre indoor heated swimming pool.
- Water temperature is set at 29°C throughout the year.
- Swimming pool is a three-lane pool allowing plenty of space for stamina training and lane swimming for children who are stages 4 of NTPS and above
- The shallow end of this pool is 1 meter deep, which makes it a perfect pool for teaching complete beginners.
- The maximum depth in the deep-end is 3 meters. The safety required for teaching and practicing diving in England requires a minimum depth of 1.8 meters. So this pool is suitable for teaching and practicing diving and other personal survival skills with our swimmers (stages 4 and above of Swim England NTSP)
- We have all the teaching aids like kickboards, pull buoys, floats, and noodles at this pool. No need to bring along any additional swimming teaching equipment to your lessons. However, if you wish to bring your own kickboard or noodles, that is O.K.
- All swimmers, male and female, wear swimming hats for hygiene reasons.
If you'd like to bring along your swimming equipment like fins or kickboards to our lessons, that is fine. Please just use a mesh bag to bring them to the poolside and mark them clearly with your names so, they don't get mixed up with our equipment.
Changing Facilities and Showers for Swimmers
There are two spacious and separate changing rooms at this venue. One is allocated for boys/men and one is for girls/ladies’ usage. Both changing rooms have their own warm showers and toilets.
There are lockers at this facility.
Each changing room has plenty of hangers/hooks to hang clothes and bags. Changing rooms don't have baby boards.
There is a separate toilet for people with disabilities at this facility.
Observatory and Waiting area for Parents
This swimming pool has an observatory area with glass windows with chairs available for parents/carers and siblings to sit down and observe swimming lessons with social distancing. Wearing a face mask is optional.
There is also a reception area with a reception. No need for any body temperature checks before entering the centre.
You cannot buy and swimsuit/shorts, towels or goggles from the reception.
Please don’t expect to be able to purchase any food or drink (hot or cold) at this venue. There are no cafe or vending machines.