Being in the water with your little one is an amazing and rewarding experience. Let us share the tools necessary to develop comfort and confidence in the water with your little one in a fun environment.
To encourage parents and their little ones to begin this important journey earlier rather than later, we offer classes for babies (from 4-month-old to 1.5 years) and toddlers (1.5 to 3 years old).
We have ‘Parent & Baby’ classes, for children who are aged 4 months to 1.5 years old. Our ‘Parent & Toddler’ classes suitable for children aged 1.5 to 3 years old.
The aim of these classes is to promote water confidence in little ones and teach the basic swimming skills through play and mix activities in water with music and make them fun.
- Parents will also gain the range of skills and knowledge necessary to handle their babies & toddlers confidently and safely in the water
- Parents learn from the instructor’s example how to guide and teach their children in the water, using positive reinforcements, appropriate and different aquatic practices and nursery rhymes.
- Every child should be accompanied in water with an adult (parent or a trusted adult).
- Adults don’t need to be confident swimmers to participate in these classes.
- Babies can participate in these classes after they are fully immunised, which is normally 16 weeks (4 months) after birth.
Read more about ‘Parent & Child’ Swimming Lessons
Swimming Lessons for other Ages and Swimming Abilities