We provide lessons for all ages and swimming abilities. Below is a brief description of the different classes that we offer:
For children who are aged 4 months to 3 years old (babies & toddlers).
- Aim of theses classes is to promotes water confidence and practice different aquatic activities in a fun enviroument.
- Parents learn from the instructor’s example how to guide and teach their children in the water, using positive reinforcements, appropriate and different aquatic practices and nursery rhymes.
- Every child should be accompanied in water with an adult (parent or a trusted adult).
- Adults don’t need to be confident swimmers to participate in these classes.
- Babies can participate in these classes after they are fully immunised, which is normally 16 weeks after birth.
Children who are 3 years old and above, could join our lessons which don’t require their parents to be in water with them. For our group lessons, children are grouped based on their swimming abilities. See below for information about different stages of our group lessons.
Pre-School (3-5 year old) Beginners
- Suitable for children aged 3 to 5 years old.
- These classes offer children their first experience in the water without a parent.
- Beginners lessons are about teaching the basic skills of swimming (fundamentals); safe entry, kicking, floatation on front and back, balancing body in water and breath control.
- To join these classes, a child should be happy to be in the water and ready to follow instructions from a swim teacher.
- In these classes children are expected to participate in both group and individually-based water activities.
- These classes are NOT suitable for children who are nervous about getting in water independently or swimming without their parents.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions from a swim teacher is a must for all children who join our group lessons.
- We recommend our private lessons for kids who could be nervous about water and swimming.
Beginners (5+ year olds) Classes
- Suitable for children who are 5 years old and above.
- This class is for non-swimmers but, to join beginners group lessons, a child should be happy to be in the water. This class is NOT suitable for children who are nervous when they are in and around water.
- Unable to perform skills mentioned below for the beginners+ classes.
Suitable for children who are:
- confident in water and can travel in the water up to 5 meters on front and back without touching the bottom of the pool (it doesn’t have to be done with a recognisable swim stroke).
- happily put face in water and blow bubbles and able to voluntarily submerge (take head under the water).
- Can get into the water and exist from the pool safely and confidently.
- Make a supervised jump in the water to an adult with or without support.
- Able to kick both on front AND back holding a float (at least 10 meters).
- Suitable for for children who:
- can swim 8-10 meters Front Crawl and Backstroke (strokes should be recognisable but not fully polished)
- Able to Push off from the pool side & Glide both on front and back and kick (flutter kicks) strongly at least for 8 meters.
- Children should be able to jump and/or dive safely (either from sitting or standing position) and confidently in the deep end of the pool.
- Picking up objects from bottom of the pool confidently.
- Should be happy to travel at least 8-10 meters in the deep end of the pool (where they cannot touch the bottom of the pool) without any floatation objects.
- Suitable For children who:
- Can swim 25 meters Front Crawl and Backstroke with good technique as well as performing Breaststroke and dolphin (butterfly) kicks.
- Can dive safely as well as treading and sculling water for at least 30 seconds.
- Can swim at least 50 meter continuously with recognisable swimming strokes (i.e, 25 meter of Front Crawl and 25 meter of Backstroke).
- Suitable For children who:
- Can swim at least 25 meters Front Crawl, Backstroke and Breaststroke with very good techniques.
- Can swim at least 100 meter continuously with recognisable swimming strokes (could be mixture of strokes).
- Can swim 15-25 meters of Butterfly.
- Can dive with good technique in the deep end of the pool.
- Can perform surface dives and pick objects up from the bottom of the pool in depth more than 2.00 m.
Adult Swimming lessons
Interested in Adult Swim Lessons? We provide swimming lessons for adults on private basis.